In the aftermath of Covid-19 Pandemic
, modern businesses have no option but to create a strong online presence to compete in the marketplace. Building a website with solid web design for business growth is the first step towards creating an online presence. A website is generally the first point of contact for any new customer or prospect.
With the cutthroat competition in the marketplace and with your competitors moving towards the online model, you will have only 0.05 seconds to impress your visitor as your website loads. Over 90% of the visitors have stated that the initial look and feel of the web design helps them determine whether to trust a website and continue surfing it or not.
Therefore, as a business owner it is important that you ensure the web design for your business is up to the mark and meets the customers’ expectations. A good web design for business brands is one which presents a clear and compelling message about your brand and what it represents.
Why Is Web Design for Business Important?
With the changing circumstances and evolving business models, if you wish to build a strong online presence, you will need to start with building your own website. You may be wondering about the importance of web design for your business, and how will it impact your target audience and your revenue.
The following are a few reasons that will help you understand the importance of web design for business.
- BUILDS A STRONG FIRST IMPRESSION: When a potential customer visits your website, the website is the face of the company and brand. It gives them the first impression about you and your business. In a matter of a few seconds, the visitor will judge your business. These first few seconds are crucial and it is very important that you are able to build a strong first impression. If you have a website that is appealing and up to date, you will be able to garner the visitor’s interest and encourage him to stay longer and browse further. If the web design is not appealing, they will leave the page without browsing further and you will miss out on leads. Web design is important for your business as it determines how your target audience perceives your brand and business. The first impression they make about your business will either turn them into your prospective lead or you will lose that lead forever. A good web design for business brand image will help in keeping a hold on your leads and converting them into prospective customers.
- AIDS YOUR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO) STRATEGY: A good web design is not only about the working on the visual elements for appealing the viewers. The web design also has to work behind-the-scenes and ensure that it follows everything required for a good search engine optimization strategy. A number of web design elements determine how the content is published and displayed on your website. This in turn will affect how your website is indexed by the search engines. If the on-page SEO fundamentals are not up to the mark, it will be difficult to improve the visibility of your website. Other than the published content, there are other web design elements which have a direct impact on the SEO. It is essential that the coding is SEO-friendly. To ensure that proper web design strategies are followed while keeping in mind the visibility and SEO of the website, it is advisable to hire a professional web design agency that will ensure your website supports your business growth.
- BUILDS BRAND LOYALTY AND TRUST: As discussed above, most visitors judge the business’ credibility based on the web design. Websites that have a modern and professional design generate trust among visitors. At the same time, a poorly designed website raises suspicions and doubts in the minds of viewers, questioning the legitimacy of the website. A good web design also helps improve the trust level through brand consistency. If you have a well-known business or brand, the viewers can recognize your logo, colors, fonts, and overall style. Keeping in tune with your brand elements while designing the website helps build trust with the customer base. The web design should be a reflection of your brand, which will help reassure the visitors that they have reached the correct place.
What Are the Important Elements of a Good Web Design for Business?
- Simple Navigation: The navigation is one the most important elements of the website. Many professional web designers follow Hick’s Law to understand the psychology behind the designing of the site navigation. This law states that the more choices are given to someone, the longer they will take to make a decision. In simple words, Hick’s Law supports simplicity in whatever you do. Therefore, while designing the site navigation, it is advisable to keep the choices simple to make it easier for visitors to decide where to go. It is advisable to limit the number of options offered to seven or fewer.
- Responsive Design: With the tremendous growth in the use of mobile devices, having a responsive web design is essential. Today, most people browse the internet from their personal mobile devices. If your web design is not responsive, then you may not be able to provide a good browsing experience to these visitors. The end result could be fewer customers. Having a responsive web design ensures that the viewers have a good browsing experience regardless of the device they are using. The website should be able to adapt to the specific device, which will help in keeping the prospects engaged on the website.
- Appealing Design: The website should be appealing to look at. It is important to use colors and images which align with your brand image. The website should not be cluttered; it should have a clean interface that is pleasing to the eyes. The web design should add elements that have that “wow” factor.
- Original and Informative Content: The content published on the website should be informative and useful to the viewers. The content should be original and written in simple language so that the visitors can get a better understanding and knowledge about your products and services. It is important to shortlist the important keywords from SEO perspective and introduce them in the content.
- Call to Action (CTA) buttons: Once you have prospective customers visiting your website, you would want to convert them into a sale. Call-to-action (CTA) button is an important element of web design that will help you direct your customers well and convert them. A well-designed CTA button encourages the viewer to advance to the next step. The buttons should be placed in your web design in such a way that they are a part of the design, yet simultaneously stand out and catch the viewer’s attention, urging them to proceed ahead.
- Loading Speed: You may have designed a beautiful website with informative content, but if the loading speed of your website is slow, then you will lose your visitors. The loading speed of the page is one of the most important elements of web design. You need to ensure the page loads quickly, so the viewers can access your website and navigate it without any hassles. If a page takes too long to load, the viewers will lose interest and exit the page.
Make the Right Impact and See Your Business Grow with the Help of a Professional Web Design
Your business website is one of the most powerful tools to help build a strong online presence for your business. A professional web design will help you make a good first impression on your target audience. If your website is outdated and not responsive, then you may end up missing out on converting important leads. It is important to hire the services of a professional web design agency that can help you design an appealing website.
GSM Marketing Agency
is a professional web design agency based in Tucson that offers affordable, beautiful, and responsive web design services. We believe in taking a comprehensive approach toward designing websites, making us the best web design agency in Tucson.